Sunday, September 17, 2006

Our 2nd appointment, August 23.

Well, I switched doctors after the first appointment. Friend's opinion or not, a woman who says who partners are just average aren't good enough for our baby. So I headed back to Dr. Chalasani who I've been going to do since I moved to Austin.

I went into the appointment thinking that I'd be proded and poked like on the first one, but no. Just alot of talking. The only thing that made me feel like the appointment was worth while was hearing the heart beat-- a steady 150 bpm. What a wonderful sound and what a wonderful invention. Rocky said he'd love to have one of those machines around (but he might be a little too much like Tom Cruise then!). In some ways, hearing our baby's heartbeat next to mine was even cooler than seeing it at the last appointment.

Next to hearing the heartbeat, the next most exciting thing was stepping on the scale. I actually had been dreading that moment since I haven't been keeping up with it at home. I felt like I'd gained about 10 pounds since my first appointment but I was excited to learn otherwise. I had gained just 1 pound since the appointment at 7 weeks! That's a pretty exciting thing to a fat pregnant woman. Although I'm dreading stepping on the scale all over again this time.

No comments: