Monday, July 24, 2006

The 1st Doctor's Appointment

We got back from Thailand on the 17th and I'd already set up an appointment with the obgyn for the 19th. I didn't call before I headed in because frankly I was too lazy in the midst of major jet lag. When I signed in at the front desk, I told the nurse that I was now pregnant and that I needed a pregnancy appointment instead of a annual. Funny thing was that I had told them when I set up the appointment that I also told them that I was thinking about getting pregnant soon. Oh well. They thought that was pretty funny.

I of course was weighed and had to pee in a cup. Weight was pretty good. I weighed only a couple pounds more than I did prepregnancy, that was mostly due to me wanting to get my fill of thai food.

I spoke with the nurse for a long time; she overloaded me with information, a pregnancy book, and prenatal vitamin samples. She also gave me my due date (March 6,2007) and all that other pertinent info.

When she asked if I had any questions, I only had one--the one I'd been having since conception. Why were my temperatures so crazy after we conceived? Well, the doctor was concerned about this as well so she called for a sonogram. That was one of the most exciting things ever. I got see our lump of a baby (hey, at 7 weeks there wasn't much to see) and see his heart beating. Everything looked good and I left feeling encouraged (though of course I still worry quite a bit).

No comments: