Monday, July 24, 2006

The Morning Sickness

About a week after I found out I was pregnant (around week 6), the morning sickness hit and it hit hard. I was also questioning where the term morning sickness came from. I was sick in the morning but I was also sick in the afternoon, evening, and night. I would wake up totally nauseated and nothing would help but eating and the last thing I wanted to do was eat.

I love Bangkok but it definitely made things worse being there. The smells were so overwhelming, even smells I normally don't mind. I dreaded going into any kitchen, bathroom, mall, market, anywhere. I never threw up though I dry heaved all the time (which seemed worse almost). I was ready to get home.

July 17th could not come fast enough. Rocky and I stayed up the whole night before like we typically try to do to fight jetlag and somehow I managed to do it (I usually give in to a couple hours sleep at least). I was armed at 4:30 am for my 23 hour flight with with the normal books and toiletries but I also had tons of snacks, my Sea-Bands, and folic acid.

The flight was a hard one. Not really because I was so sick but because I couldn't really sleep. By the time we got on the plane, I'd already been up 24 hours but it didn't matter. I could not sleep (something I typically don't struggle with). I got to catch up on my movie watching though and in flight movies are always winners! I saw 16 blocks, Failure to Launch, etc. One thing I began to realize is that I will cry at anything and cry I did. I wept in the plane at the end of 16 blocks. Rocky just laughed.

Our flight got in at 4:40pm into Austin. I was so excited to get home and to eat Chuy's. It was so nice cause we were with the Dishmans and the Banks but it was so hard to keep our mouths shut about the news, and the Banks asked about a million times if we were pregnant or not.

Jetlag was hard for me this time; took me about a week to recover. I think it was a mixture of the total lack of sleep on the plane and the little parasite. But good news is that with the increased emotions and tiredness, the morning sickness seemed to take a back burner. Thank God!

No comments: