Thursday, February 15, 2007

37 weeks and counting

Yesterday was my 37 week appointment. I had to retake the Group B Strep Test again; the first test results were inconclusive. I was a bit freaked out by that at first but then learned it's not as big of a deal as I thought. Worst cause scenario I have to have an IV of penicillin.

Baby Adelaide's still perfect! Head down. Measuring right on target. Chalasani said she's probably around 8 pounds. I'm not feeling too antsy yet. I'm content with being pregnant right now though from what I hear I might not be feeling that way much longer.

I was extremely freaked out a couple of weeks ago at the thought of actually becoming a parent, but I'm feeling a little better now. I'm feeling prepared for moments of insecurity and feelings of frustration. I just need to remember that there will also be sweet times as well.

We're working on support right now too which is a little difficult. I'd love to not have to worry about that and just focus on getting ready for Adelaide but oh, well. It seems like every time I work on it God is trying to teach me the same things-- dependency on Him, patience with Rocky, etc. Maybe one day I'll get it all down.

1 comment:

Charis said...

Glad to hear all is well with you and the baby. I really hope to see Adelaide before we leave!! Hopefully the next few weeks will go by quickly for you and the support will be raised!