Friday, November 09, 2007

Getting around and Clapping

Here's yet another video of Adelaide scooting (taken last week). I know, I know. I obsess. But seriously she's getting around quickly now. She's doing new combo moves of scooting and rolling to get where she wants to go. It's exciting and scary to see all at the same time. I did finally go around and baby-proof the outlets cause the other day I left the room for a moment and came back to find her over at one of the outlets, grabbing the CD player cord. Ahh! Another day, she scooted over to the sound system down stairs and was pushing all the buttons. Life is gonna take more forethought.



Right now is also a time where I'm standing in amazement at how much she's learning daily. The other day I was sitting in the rocker with her trying to read her Runaway Bunny. She kept whining and wiggling and looking at the floor to the left of the rocker. I didn't know what she was doing at first, but then I realized her favorite book, Pat the Bunny, was down there; so I grabbed it, began reading it, and the whining stopped. I was struck that she remembered where to look for the book and then that she also had an opinion about what book she wanted to read. Wow.

This past week she's also started clapping. Her processing time is still a little slow, but she will mimic me doing it. Here she is. You can hear me clapping first and then her following my lead.


1 comment:

RetroB said...

Hi Sunee--

Recently, I read that you had a positive experience using Pampers with your child Adelaide, and I thought that you’d be a perfect fit for a project we’re working on with Pampers Stages. We’re looking for the honest opinions of parents, and I wanted to know if you’d like to review the product on your site. If you are, we’ll send you a Jumbo pack of the correct size along with a tub of corresponding wipes. Please email me if you’re interested, we’d love to have your voice included.

Thanks so much, Victoria@rocketxl.com