Monday, January 28, 2008

Separation Anxiety

Adelaide still has never met a stranger, but she's begun to fear being alone especially at night. As soon as I lay her down to change her nighttime diaper and put her in her pjs, she freaks out. There's wailing and screaming like she's in some major pain or something. I've found she does alot better when she gets some good one on one time with both Rocky and I before bed-- reading, playing, cuddling, singing, etc-- but without it the tears can last for a really long time.

She's doing Ok for naps and stuff right now (knock on wood) but I feel at a loss with what to do to help her sleep better. She's even woken up a few times in the middle of the night crying. She's put herself back to sleep after a minute or so though.

One up side in all this is that Adelaide is the most cuddly and sweet she's ever been. She loves to hug us often. Sometimes she'll just crawl up to me, want me to pick her up, hug her, and then put her right back down and to keep playing. It's not only us she wants to hug non-stop though. She's really into her stuffed animals right now. Rocky even handed her a Kleenex box while we were at HEB yesterday and she hugged that too.




Here's some shots from the last week or so.

Adelaide has been throwing everything out of her crib when she's angry. In the pic below you can see all her stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows out on the floor (note: some of the stuff down there is just mess from her room). The funniest part to me was that she somehow also managed to get her pants off and threw those out as well.

I love winter clothes-- hats, scarves, jackets, etc. Here's a picture of my 2 favorite people in some cozy winter duds.

Last Monday, Adelaide and I took a trip to the Austin Children's Museum. The museum is open exclusively to children until 3 on Monday mornings. Although we couldn't stay very long, we had a good time. Below Adelaide's checking out one of the fish aquariums.

The gigantic Light-Bright was her favorite thing we played with. She'd grab the pieces out of the bin at the bottom, put the germ infested pieces directly in her mouth, and then hand them to me to put in the holes.

We've totally made the transition from bottle to sippy cups this week. I figured why not do it before she gets attached to her bottles and then have to deal with trauma later. Adelaide acted like it was no big deal at all.

Saturday Rocky was working on his truck and I was doing stuff around the house so I just picked up a lunch special from the new pizza joint, Yaghi's. When I got home I gave Adelaide one bite of my cheese stick. She was hooked. She grabbed it out of my hand and finished the entire thing off. Then she polished off another one. I was shocked. Rocky said I shouldn't be shocked that a kid liked cheese pizza.

Yesterday Adelaide and I went to our library's lapsit. We'd only been once before when Adelaide was really little. She had a blast playing with all the toys, singing the songs, reading, and checking out the other kiddos. There were only 6 kids there so it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as the first time we went. Adelaide's awesome jacket is actually Rocky's from when he was a kid. It has "Rocky" embroidered on the front and "Conly" on the back. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow she is growing up too fast. I cried when I seen her in rockys jacket,I cant wait to get hugs and kisses from my baby.It was so funny! her in bed,with all her toys on the floor.watch out her diaper might be next. see ya soon grammy