Friday, February 08, 2008

This one takes the cake

Last night we picked up Rocky's mom from the airport around 7:45 and then got home 8:45 or so and put Adelaide to bed. So she was already an hour or so behind her normal bedtime to start with. Then about an hour after she'd gone to sleep, she woke up crying. Not just crying, really, bawling. Rocky went up first to try and console her. Nothing. She didn't want to eat. She didn't want to be held by him. She just cried. Then I went up, same thing. She would not stop crying. Finally after about an hour, she fell asleep on my shoulder. I kept her there until she started breathing heavily and decided I'd try to lay her down. Well as soon as I even shifted my weight, she started all over again. We repeated this several times and then I decided maybe we'd try to put her into bed with us. That didn't work. I think she associates our bed with play time cause that's where we spend alot of Saturday mornings together.

Well, that didn't work so finally after exhausting every possibility including teething tablets, oragel, motrin, etc. We put her in her pack n play next to us to hopefully fall asleep on her own. She cried for only about 10 minutes to our surprise (we'd already tried that a few times) and then went to sleep. Not for long.

At 3 am she woke up again screaming. We did it all over again but this time she wouldn't even fall asleep on my shoulder. Rocky went into the attic to find her swing that we'd packed away months ago and tried that. It didn't help. We gave her some time to just play. That didn't help. She threw up lots of mucous on me at some point in there. 2 hours later at 5 am, after we realized she had some bad gas and gave her some mylanta, she finally fell asleep again. I dont' know if that's what did it or if it was just plain exhaustion, but it didn't last for long.

She woke up at her normal time of 7:30am ready to start her day with dark circles under her eyes. I tried to get her to drink some formula cause she didn't want any before bed and she refused for awhile. Finally she drank some but then threw it up instantly. Fluke? I don't know. She'd been feeling warm all night but I checked her temp about 3 times and it was always fine, but this morning I checked it at about 8am and it was 100. Again at about 9am and it was 100.5. Dang it.

So after what I'm now referring to as the worst night of Adelaide's life, I'm exhausted (you may be able to tell from my writing) and am bringing her to the doctor at 2:30pm. My kid is just not a crier so something's up for sure. I'm wondering if the snottiness she's had for over a month has finally led to an ear infection. That mixed with her getting so many teeth in driving her over the edge? Don't know but I'd appreciate thoughts and prayers especially since Rocky's going out of town on Sunday.

No comments: