Monday, February 25, 2008

Fed up

I know it seems like all I've been posting about is that Adelaide is sick. That's because that is all I've been posting about. She's been sick since New Year's Eve. That's right. It's going on 2 months now. Believe it or not, the sweet girl has only had 2 colds in her life, but both times she could not kick them. In October and November she had a cold for 8 weeks. She was snotty for the longest time and like this time, it eventually led to an ear infection and antibiotics. This time is lasting as long, has led to a horrible ear infection too, but she's going through drug after drug this time without clearing things up.

I'm tired. Every day normal things are a challenge. I'm fed up with it and so is she. She's sleeping in her swing and has been for going on 3 weeks. She just can't get comfortable laying flat. I've learned to change her diaper on the floor in front of the tv downstairs so I don't have to wrestle with a crying, squirming kid. I've accepted that she doesn't have much of an appetite so I just shovel in whatever she'll eat. I'm so ready for her to feel normal.

Tomorrow's the big day-- her second follow up appointment for her ear infections and our first appointment with the ear, nose, and throat doctor. I really wish they were today. I can't wait to hear what they both have to say. At this point I'm ready to try just about anything for my sweet girl to be well. Tubes? Bring it on.

On a positive note, Adelaide is becoming an amazing walker. She's all over the place. I found her next to the trash can the other day dumping toys inside. It was so funny I had a hard time not laughing when disciplining her. A friend of ours commented that it's amazing she took her first steps in the middle of all this ear infection junk. She said it must be really hard for her to balance well. Just goes to show we've got an amazing kid on her hands. :)

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Before I got to the end of you post, I was going to comment on the same thing you ended it with. I'm impressed that she's walking so much w/ all that gunk in her ears!
What a little champ!
Continuing to pray for all 3 of you. It's definitely tough for more than just the kiddo going though it.

Anonymous said...

Post how she's doing! I'm so sorry that she's been sick for so long. Hang in there. I know it's tough. We'll keep praying for you and poor Adelaide!