Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dinky Diner and other Things I love

Awhile back I posted a few of my favorite baby things and I've got a couple more things to add.

Dinky Diner
I LOVE this product. I was looking online for things I thought would be useful for our trip to Thailand this summer. I wanted a portable highchair that I wouldn't mind carrying all day everyday, on public transportation. It had to be lightweight, easy to use, and do the job well. At first everything I found was too big to carry around regularly. Then I stumbled upon a totally new concept, a new one to me anyway-- the fabric highchair. The first ones I found ran about $40. That's alot. So I kept up the search and stumbled upon the Dinky Diner on ebay. It was only $12.50! It works great on almost any chair, will come in handy when we're in a generally highchairless country this summer, and I'm already putting it to good use. Tonight for instance the restaurant we went to was super busy and out of high chairs so I pulled the Dinky Diner out of the bag and voila-- instance highchair. Holding her throughout dinner wouldn't have been the end of the world, but this made things alot easier. Anyway, these are pics of Adelaide in our chairs at home.



Here it is in its handy carrying bag, next to a diaper to show its size. Sweet, eh?


Pampers Swipers
Another thing I've been meaning to post about for awhile is diapers and wipes. As I mentioned in my post on diapers long ago, Pampers are hands down my favorites. I love Pampers Cruisers and Swaddlers in particular but Baby Dry will do also. Well, when I originally posted that, Pampers contacted me and sent me a package of diapers along with some Swipers, the corresponding wipes, to test out.

Up until this point I'd been using whatever kind of wipes I had. I actually still have wipes I received as gifts from my baby showers (which is super sweet). I'd mostly used Huggies and Target brand until then. Well, the Swipers were awesome. Adelaide had been having some ongoing diaper rash and the swipers were softer and thicker like a washcloth or something and seem more mild. I think they helped clear things up. They smell great too, not just for wipes. They smell great in general. And they help clean up the messes of a kid that is eating lots of solids. They sort of grip the poop (I don't really know a polite way to put it) better than other brands I've tried. Anyway, as much as I love Pampers diapers, I love their wipes just as much. I look forward to using the Clean 'n Go ones next. And another great thing is that their wipes along with the diapers have Gifts to Grow points to redeem for cool toys and stuff. Adelaide's Christmas gift from us was a freebie from Pampers. (Yes, we are cheap parents). For what it's worth, there's my 2 cents on wipes.

Fisher-Price Walking Toy
This was the best $17 ever spent (by my mom. Thanks, Mom!). Adelaide loved this thing and used it so much as she was learning to walk. There are others out there for more moola but why get those when this one works fine.

2 comments:

Charis said...

Another great post. Thanks! That dinky diner looks awesome (and actually a lot more sanitary since they can't bend over and suck on the bars of the high seat. I use pampers too - maybe I should post about that to get free diapers as well :)

Christine said...

I am getting that dinky diner thing. Isaac won't be able to use it for another month or so. As far as that ongoing diaper rash. When Isaac was born he had an infection & had to be put on antibiotics. He left the hospital with the worst diaper rash I'd ever seen. It was like his skin was peeling off!!! I later found out that it was caused BY the antibiotics. I tried everything...Desitin, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, but nothing seemed to help. His pediatrician recommended Calmoseptine. I bought some from the pharmacy & it cleared up IMMEDIATELY. He hated it though...it's kindof like Icy Hot in a way. I read your posts on the ear infections. Poor Baby! Glad to hear she's getting better & walking! Wow!