Sunday, February 17, 2008

Proof and other recent stuff

Rocky is always the last one to believe me when I say Adelaide's doing something new so since I began telling people Adelaide was taking steps he kept denying it. Well, Rocky, here's your proof:





Adelaide is a very confident kid. She knows want she wants and what she doesn't. She will really make her opinion known. Rocky was trying to feed her green beans a few weeks ago. I don't think she wanted them:


Rocky hates to let Adelaide get messy during dinner but I insist that sometimes we let her "learn by doing." Last week we decided to have a "feed yourself" night. Normally we let her feed herself things like banana chunks, avocado, but that night we let her feed herself everything.

That's why after dinner we did this:

My dad's been in town for the past week. It's been fun. Here's some pics and videos of our time together:





I'm starting to let Adelaide have more freedom outside. She generally crawls around outside and doesn't try to eat things which was a big concern of mine. I guess I won't have to worry about the knees of her pants getting dirty much longer though. Here's a picture we took in the backyard a couple of weeks ago.


Adelaide's been a bit fussy this week, understandably with all the sickness and teething and all. Today I stuck her in front of the TV for the first time in months to watch Signing Time and to calm her down. It worked. She sat there focused on the show for the entire 30 minutes. That was nice. I think she looked so cute.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

There's no denying it now, Rocky. (I secretly think your lack of belief in her walking ability is because deep down you are a softy and don't want to see your littlest friend grow up.)

Anonymous said...

so funny!!!!! I knew she liked t.v. i know you dont let her do this much. but so much for the devil box.