Friday, April 11, 2008

Well, What did you do this Morning?

We just so happened to wake up to a manlift being delivered to our house. 2 manlifts to be exact. Funny. They are here for the filming that will be taking place tonight. If you are in town and have got nothing to do tonight, you should totally stop by. As far as Crusade short films goes, this one is going to be a big deal.

Our house was selected among loads of houses in the Austin area for the location. The director was looking for a house that was the epitome of American suburbia. Beautiful. That's what our house is. They are only doing exterior shots here though. They wanted the interior shots to look traditional as well which our house is definitely not. If you've ever been here, you'll agree.

The story is called Wings. I haven't read the script but the gist of the story is that everyone in Wings has wings. It's just normal. However, no one uses them. They don't think they can. Well, the part of the story that I know the most about, the part that's being filmed here, is a little boy climbing to the roof of his house, readying himself to jump off because he thinks he can fly. Like alot of Simplebulldog's other films, they don't want to tell you what to think about the film. From the bits that I've heard it reminds me of Christians. I makes me think of how we are empowered by the Holy Spirit and given everything we need, but we so often don't taken advantage of these resources. We often live defeated and worried and therefore hindered. Anyway. . . I'm excited to see this short film and another one they are filmed next week called Leland.

Once we were all up and ready, Rocky could not resist taking his little girl for a ride. I think the manlift is able to go 60 ft in the air. Rocky said 60 ft feels alot scarier with a toddler strapped to your chest.


After our morning excitement, we came in for breakfast. I've been having the hardest time getting Adelaide to eat anything even if she used to like it or even liked it the day before. I don't know if it's the pickiness that sometimes comes along with a kid turning one or if it is her teeth bothering her. Anyone got any thoughts? Did you run into this problem with your kid? Sometimes she'll eat something if she can feed it to herself. Sometimes she'll eat if it's what we're eating. Sometimes she'll only eat if she's not strapped into her high chair. Sometimes she won't eat anything regardless.

This morning I made both Adelaide and I one of my favorite breakfast items of my childhood, an egg in the basket. To make it you take a piece of bread with a hole in the center cut out. [I used a small glass to do it this morning but sometimes I've used cookie cutters.] You put the bread in a buttery skillet and pour an egg in the hole. Yummy. I made a fried egg for me 'cause I can't resist dipping the bread in the runny center, and I made a scrambled egg in the basket for Adelaide. I thought to myself as I was making it, "I'm just wasting food. There's no way she's going to eat this." But I proceeded anyway. You've got to at least try, right? Well, she loved it! She ate the entire thing. She ate the same breakfast as I did. After a few days of meals consisting of maybe 3 bites I was stunned. I'm not getting my hopes up that this is a trend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best thing I ever read about toddlers and eating is that a healthy child will not starve themself and they often eat barely enough food to keep a bird alive. We're totally seeing this with Clara. Sometimes she eats a lot, sometimes a little, but she only has the option to eat what I put in front of her. I figure if she's hungry enough, she'll dive in. :)
Heidi

Cheng family said...

i can think of lots of fun things to do with a manlift! i'm sure adelaide loved being up there with her daddy.
so exciting that adelaide tried something new. it always seems like a minor miracle when mine try something new! and it sounds delicious.