Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I have news

Yesterday was the big day, the ultrasound. The one that turns my stomach into knots the day before as I wonder if the baby is healthy and as I prepare myself to hear the gender, yeah, that one. Well, I've got news, good news. The baby looks absolutely healthy (and quite rambunctious I might add). The kiddo didn't hold still for any pictures, and I'm not quite sure if the technician got all the measurements and everything she needed. That was a bummer, but the baby did cooperate plenty long for us to figure out that we're having a boy! I was totally shocked. I really didn't expect that. I'm excited, but I really thought all my miserable morning sickness was telling me I needed to get ready for another girl. I'm so pumped. I'm ready to go through all the boxes of clothes to see what is gender neutral enough for the kid to wear. I'm feeling ready to nest now. Oh, and I should probably spend some time thinking up a name for the little one as well.

4 comments:

p&k said...

congrats! we love our boy to pieces . . . and just started dressing his baby sister in his neutral hand-me-downs!! yay for a healthy and active addition to the conly collection!!!

Daryl & Diana said...

Congratulations! Baby boys are great. We love ours!

cheryl said...

Yay!!! SO EXCITING! ;o) Thanks for sharing the fun news.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Suneee! I have a blog too, so great to find you on here - ten years after Yellowstone :)

I live in DC, working for a nonprofit. I attend National Community Church here in the city, and miss home (Seattle area) a lot. I visit often :)

No kids or marriage yet, but dating seriously and hoping... :)HUGS HUGS HUGS! (and hello to Rocky, too! I still remember all the crazy gifts he sent you that summer!) LOL.

In Jesus,
Ruhiyyih