Monday, July 20, 2009

The Beach

Posts these days have just become pictures. These are from the beach near Port Aransas. Our bible study group just got back from a few days there. We had a great time. We even got to hang out with our friend Hollie who was on STINT with us in Thailand back in 2002-2003.

There's a video I can't wait to post but since we head out early early tomorrow morning for Colorado I figure I should probably pack or something.

We stopped at Seaworld on the way down. Adelaide looks cute. Rocky looks like a member of the Khmer Rouge.


Though Adelaide looks extremely scared, she touched the alligator twice. She wanted to get back in line to touch him again and again.

Rocky and Adelaide checking out a penguin. It was really cool. They let him out just a couple of feet from the crowd.

On the beach, Adelaide and Kate.


I think this is one of the few family pictures we have. yes, Abe is there. He's asleep in my Moby wrap. I just got it used on Craigslist and both me and Abe love it.

Adelaide loved playing in the sand probably even more than the water. She did go "surfing" a little bit though. She stood up on the boogie board and rode the waves. She did great until Rocky let her ride on her own once.
2 of my favorite people.

My goofy kid.

Dancing on the beach.

The seagulls were ridiculous. They ate some of Adelaide's sandwich right out of her hand the first night we were there.

Even though this picture is toward the bottom, this was actually her first time to see the beach on our trip. She was super excited as you can tell.

Adelaide and Kate again.

This picture just makes me smile. I love the joy on her face. Oh, to be a kid again.


1 comment:

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Hi sunee! I found your blog off of facebook...are you kidding me with this family?!? How cute are you guys? !you and rocky make cute kids!!! If we can't catch up in 'real life' maybe we can at least catch up through our blogs..:) stop by ours...xoxo the turrills