Monday, July 06, 2009

Seaworld

My family came to visit a few weeks ago. While they were here we decided to take a trip to Seaworld. We'd been wanting to go since Adelaide became obsessed with Baby Beluga. Plus last year we had a season pass to the aquarium in Bangkok and she loved it. I figured she love an aquarium even more this year since she can understand so much more.

It was hot as all get out, but it was a pretty incredible day. We got there a little after 11. Feeding Abe made us take it slower. He did well all day. There were no bouts of crying and he only wound up wanting to eat while we were watching shows (how convenient). Adelaide did really well also even with skipping her nap. There was only one time that we had to takl with her about being whiny. We stayed until they closed at 6. By the time we got in the car around 6:30, Adelaide said, "I want a nap please." She has never in her life even said she was tired prior to this.

My grandma, mom and brother also had a great time. We were a caravan for sure with a wheelchair for my grandma and our red wagon for Adelaide and Abe with a milk crate extension Rocky put on the back. Above is a picture of my grandma and mom with Adelaide.

Rocky got a Fun Pass where you pay regular admission but can go back all year, and I got a season pass because it made sense to save my family money on admission and it made parking free. I can't wait to go back. There were so many things we didn't get to see. Next week we're going to Port Aransas with our bible study. I think we may stop on the way down there.

Adelaide LOVED the big aquariums. We always had to make her move along because she would just sit and contently watch for a long time.

Us at the Viva show. Adelaide kept saying "wow" over and over. I teared up a little because it was so cool to see the wonder in her eyes as she watched. After the show Rocky took Adelaide down to the "stage" while I finished feeding Abe, and Adelaide got to see a lady feeding the baby beluga up close and personal. She was on cloud 9.

Checking out the dolphins. She was scared of their teeth at first and didn't want to touch them. I touched them though. They felt like hard plastic. Later Adelaide found one in particular that she wanted to go see and touch. I thought she would chicken out like before but for some reason she really liked this one and wasn't scared.

Us with the Clydesdales. I like this picture just because Adelaide and I are both looking at the camera and smiling. One of us tends to have a hard time with that :).

1 comment:

cheryl said...

We need to go together some time. We really enjoyed the water park last time too, now that it's so hot!