Friday, March 09, 2007

Another Sign

So I know the 1 cm dilation on Wednesday wasn't a whole lot to get psyched about but tonight after a late night walk around the neighborhood, I went to the bathroom and. . .a glance into the toilet revealed my mucous plug aka bloody show. Pregnancy is gross. Even the terms to describe this snot like blob are gross, but I never thought I'd be so pumped to see something (or show Rocky something) so disgusting. Probably the grossest thing is that Rocky was on the phone when I made him follow me into the bathroom and he gave Matt Banks the play by play. Now Matt thinks we're crazier freaks than he already did. The mucous plug-- I know it doesn't mean labor's coming tonight or even tomorrow but it does mean more things are happening so that's encouraging to me.

I'll take any encouragement at this point because everything's been a bit discouraging. Even the check out lady at HEB last night made me cry. She told me that I wasn't gonna have my baby any time soon so I shouldn't get my hopes up. She said I didn't look like I'd dropped at all. I wanted to punch her. Rocky restrained himself from some comment about a cashier giving medical advice. Remind me not to give my input to women who have gone past their due date. No one wants to hear what worked for you or how I should walk more (like 3 miles a day, what I've been doing, isn't enough). The only advice that's been good is to take my mind off of the situation. In fact I plan to follow that advice right now with a foot soak and a movie.

No comments: