Thursday, December 18, 2008

Funny Conversations

Adelaide cracks us up all the time. Here's a few of the funny conversations we've had with her recently:

(Adelaide found a rattle and brings it to me.)
Adelaide: What's this?
me: it's a rattle. Shake it. We'll save it and give it to the new baby.
Adelaide: Give it to baby?
me: yes.
(Adelaide proceeds to walk over to her bible and places the rattle on it on top of baby Jesus. The night before we'd read the story of the wise men bringing gifts to the baby Jesus.)

(Adelaide was having trouble falling asleep one night and I went up to check on her. This is what she had to say.)
Adelaide: Mom, I ride a horse.
me: yes, you did ride a horse.
Adelaide: I want to ride tiger.
me: a tiger? is that safe?
Adelaide: no?
me: that's right. riding a tiger might be dangerous.
Adelaide: tiger. dangerous.
me: is a cat dangerous?
Adelaide: (hesitation) yes.
me: is a dog dangerous?
Adelaide: no.
me: well, some might be. what about Jack (our neighbor's dog, a big lab)?
Adelaide: no.
me: what about toby (the benefield's big dog)?
Adelaide: no.
me: what about biscuit (rocky's parents' chihuahua)?
Adelaide: yes. biscuit. dangerous.

(as we are walking out the door yesterday.)
Adelaide: daddy, have jacket?
Rocky: yes.
Adelaide: have shoes?
Rocky: yes.
Adelaide: have wallet?
Rocky: yes.
Adelaide: have phone?
Rocky: yes.
Adelaide: have keys?
Rocky: yes.
(it's nice to have someone to remind us to get all our stuff.)

3 comments:

The Wilcoxson's said...

kids remind us of what we want to be; a kid with no adult responsibility sometimes. She is adorable and very WISE! Merry christmas

Chris said...

Do you loan her out? I'm always forgetting stuff.

Colleen said...

Funny stuff!