Friday, December 05, 2008

I'll just come right out and say it

I'm pregnant. We've very strongly hinted at it, and I'm sure if you've read closely you've figured it out. I'm about 17 weeks along now and things seem to be just fine. The baby's heartrate seems perfect and somehow the little kid already looks cute. We are super excited especially since we'd been trying since May. Last go round, it happened before we knew it, and this time my doctor had called for prolactin testing because I wasn't ovulating well. Ovulating well or not, we thank God we didn't have to go through alot of fertility testing and that we were able to conceive relatively quickly and easily.

This pregnancy has already been a little bit more difficult than my first. I have to go in regularly not only to my obgyn but also to my endocronologist. I have to get bloodwork done every 3 weeks and go visit her every 4. So far my thyroid levels have doubled since I've been pregnant, but my doctor has been adjusting my meds to match my rollercoaster hormones. I also had to be on progesterone. I'm not considered "high risk" but I am considering higher risk than last time for sure. Weird that things are so different this time.

I don't know if it's related to the hormones or not, but my morning sickness has also been worse. If you've seen me recently and I looked like death warmed over, that's because that's basically what I feel like. Doing normal stuff with Adelaide and around the house has been a challenge. I tried 2 nausea medications, something I never did with Adelaide, and finally found one that works. I'm not a huge medication person especially when pregnant so I'm just trying to take it when I'm super miserable. Now at 17 weeks, I'm still struggling with bouts of dry heaving.

This kiddo is due to arrive May 19, 2009. That's almost exactly 26 months from Adelaide's birthday. We were always hoping that the kids were be about 2 years apart so I think that will be good spacing. Since I found out I was pregnant 3 of my friends have discovered they are pregnant too. We're all due within 2-3 weeks of one another. I'm already envisioning playdates.

4 comments:

The Wilcoxson's said...

congratulations!!!

p&k said...

I keep up with your blog pretty consistently (thanks, google reader!)and the last "struggling with morning sickness" comment left me wondering how I could have missed a pregnancy announcement! :) Congratulations! Do you plan to find out the gender ahead of time?

May this pregnancy (high risk and all!) and your new little one bring many blessings to the Conlys!

Kim :)
*hey, and though I don't have any specific pregnancy related health risks, I have to second that the second pregnancy IS harder than the first!!

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

YEA! Our girls are 27 mo apart. That's a great gap. Sorry you're feeling so terrible. I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on you newest "project"!

Christine said...

OMG! I haven't read your blog in a while and was so happy for you when I read this. Mike and I recently decided that we were ready to try for a little brother or sister for Isaac. My sister just gave birth to her THIRD child on October 7 and she had progesterin issues. Just take it easy and accept all the help that's offered to you! I wish I could see you next time you are in Louisiana. In case I didn't mention last e-mail, we are back here. Bought a house in Baton Rouge and working on renovating it. Call me if you ever get the urge 225-573-4405.