Tuesday, March 17, 2009

31 weeks

It's hard to believe I'm already going in for appointments every two weeks. Everything still looks really good. Head is down already. I'm measuring a little bit ahead; she said I was measuring right at 32 weeks. I never measured ahead for Adelaide so we'll see if that means he'll be here a little sooner than she was. If you remember I went 15 days past my due date with her.

My endocrinologist gave me the OK to not have to come back until after the baby is born which is pretty exciting. I had been going in to see her every 3-6 weeks on top of my normal doctor visits and bloodwork.

Today was the first time I really regretted bringing Adelaide to the doctor with me. She usually is very well behaved and either reads, colors, or plays. Today however she was very hard to manage and she topped it all off with a tantrum in the lobby when the second doctor called me in today. We were there for awhile since I was seeing both my OB and my endocrinologist but still, it was pretty bad. She wanted to walk, not ride in the stroller, and threw her shoe when I told her to come along. I plopped her in the stroller and she proceeded to kick and scream. The nurse said,"wow, must be one of those days." Those aren't the usual comments I get with Adelaide. She does turn 2 on Saturday so we are entering new territory.

I almost forgot to mention that Adelaide was still freaking out when we went to the bathroom to get the urine sample. I didn't have time to talk with her and help her settle because of the nurse waiting and all so I was just trying to make it. Adelaide asked for a cup too (like the one I was peeing in) and because I was desperate, I gave her one. As I was trying to get our things together, I looked over and Adelaide was scooping urine out of the toilet and was about to drink it. Nice.

4 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

You're welcome to bring Adelaide over here for your appointments anytime!

Mandy said...

i'm glad she normally does so well...i don't even consider bringing EG and Abby to the dr. w/ me! thanks for the tips on potty training. she's doing good!

Charis said...

Wow! I can't believe you are in the homestretch either. Crazy how fast it goes (once the morning sickness is over). And Happy Birthday to Adelaide!

Cheng family said...

It was great to see you last night! I avoided taking Cody with me for the urine sample for that reason! And now I have to watch Claire like a hawk if the bathroom door is open because she loves to put things in the toilet. The only thing she's succeeded in getting in was a ball. But she's tried my shoe, books, and various toys.