Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Clean and Dry at the Y

I know. I know. I'm still talking about potty training, but that's a major part of life for us right now. So we've now had two days in a row without any accidents besides bedtime and naptime. That's fine with me. Adelaide is probably a little young to hold it through bedtime, and she does sometimes make it through her naps. Yesterday despite going to the library, going out to eat, and to get ice cream with my dad she did perfectly. Even when she said she had to go in the car and we told her to hold it 'til we got home, we didn't have an accident.

Today however was the bigger test. When we are around, we remind her and are attentive to her potty needs, but today we dumped Adelaide at the YMCA while I went to the fun long OB appt that checks for gestational diabetes. We were gone for 2 hours and when we came to pick her up, she still had on her same dry pull up! They had just switched shifts so I don't know if she held it or if she went to the potty, but still I thought that was pretty impressive. I'm washing the cloth diapers right now one last time and then am going to put most of them into storage until the baby's arrival. I'll still keep a few for nap time and night time but I think we're almost done with the process. Adelaide now has so many stickers on her potty chart we can't count them all.

Another funny thing that happened while we were at the YMCA today-- Adelaide asked to hold my membership ID while I was checking her pull up. As soon as I handed it to her she said, "Sunee Conly." I was shocked and couldn't stop laughing. I don't know how she knows my full name. I asked her what her dad's name was. She said, "Daddy." Not quite the same answer. She is a pretty young reader :).

1 comment:

Ivy said...

I loved reading all of your updates! Congratulations on your new baby boy on the way!!
That is wonderful. I can't wait to "meet" him in cyber world.
I'll be thinking of you as you get to the end of your pregnancy.
Tell Rocky hi!
Ivy