Tuesday, April 28, 2009

37 Weeks

So today I'm officially 37 weeks pregnant. It's hard to believe that our little guy will be here so soon. Last pregnancy I never had any contractions prior to my actual active labor but I've been having Braxton Hicks almost every day multiple times a day. I'm hoping that's a good sign that my body will know what to do better than it did last time. (For those of you that don't know, I was 15 days late with Adelaide!). Last night was the worst set of contractions so far; I even though I had the baby in bed because I had such a vivid dream that it happened. I was quite bummed at 3am when Adelaide woke up coughing because the baby was still in utereo. I'm not really in that big of a hurry really, my dream just was so deceiving.

I go in tomorrow for my weekly exam and I'm really looking forward to it. I've been more eager to go in each time now that I've been measuring small. Last week I was measuring 2 weeks behind and I'd even lost a couple of pounds. I'm hoping that somehow this week our little guy has put on some weight and I'll be measuring a little closer to the due date instead of getting furthur and furthur behind. My doctor said she may do an ultrasound again this week to rule out any concerns. We'll see. I'd definitely like to have one just to see him again and make sure everything is still looking healthy.

Everything points that the baby is fine but we'd love your prayers for us. We'd love your prayers even if there was absolutely no reason for concern. It's going to be a crazy next few weeks! My dream last night spurred me on to start getting some stuff together for the hospital. Now we've got the carseat out and a few things I learned would have been helpful for the baby at the hospital (for instance, why at Seton NW are the shirts also considered pants? and Size 1 diapers the diapers size for brand new babies?). Now I've got to get ours and Adelaide's stuff together, at least a list of what we'll need anyway.

2 comments:

Carters said...

How was your appointment today?

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

I'm praying for you, Sunee. That's not fun. I know you're trusting in God, but I know it's still REALLY hard! I'm praying for you and the cute munchkin in your belly. I think God does this just to check our faith in Him. The last few weeks always seem to be full of "something". God is bigger than ANYTHING. I'll pray for you to have peace, and for baby boy to be completely healthy.