Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Funny from Adelaide

I can not remember all the funny things Adelaide says but here are a few that she's said over the past few days. I love my kid! (BTW, poor girl has had 3 breathing treatments so far today. :( She seems fine just wheezing or sounding like a dolphin as she describes it).

OK, so the other day we went to the outlet mall. We were taking it slow so I let Adelaide play on each and every one of the riding toys (lack of a better term) around. Every time she would ask me to make it go. I kept telling her I didn't have money to make it go. That seemed to satisfy her and she'd just keep on playing. Well, later that day Rocky and I were helping a friend work on their car. While they were working, I let Adelaide play in my car. I looked over at one point and she was trying to put quarters in the ignition. When she saw me looking she said, "mom, I have money. I can make it go!"

I realized yesterday that Adelaide never really saw pictures from the last ultrasound so I got them out to show her. When she started looking at them, she said, "it's dark in there. He is bored."

I'll share more about my doctor's visit later, but on Thursday I had planned to drop Adelaide at the YMCA while I went in for my weekly visit. As we were walking in, Adelaide saw all the kids playing outside and got really excited. What I didn't know however was that the "off-site hours" had changed days so I couldn't actually leave Adelaide. As we were walking out and walking past all the kids I was just telling Adelaide she was going to get to play with, she started freaking out. I mean sobbing hard and inconsolably. I told her I understood why she was frustrated and that I was frustrated too, but that didn't really help too much. I was in a big hurry at this point and didn't really have time to let her get over it, but she was not letting me put her in her seat. Finally I had to physically hold her in the seat while I wrestled the straps on her and had her scream in my face. It was miserable but it had to be done. Once we arrived at the doctor's office, I went to get her out and what she said melted my heart. She said, "Mom, I'm sorry my freaking out." Sure terminology is mine but still, I really appreciated it.

Last night at dinner Rocky was manning things all on his own. He was feeding Adelaide and her friend Avery. He said it was a little crazy but here's the icing on the cake. It's one of those times where as a parent you want to discipline but you can't help but laugh. He said he was cleaning up the kitchen and when he turned around Adelaide was standing up on her chair, pizza all over the table, looking through her transparent yellow plate saying, "everything's yellow. everything's yellow" over and over.

1 comment:

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

I LOVE the stories, Sunee! Adelaide is SO funny and adorable! You're bringing back great memories! Thanks for sharing the sweetness.