Thursday, October 15, 2009

Adelaide. Oh Adelaide.

Where does she come up with the things she says?

In the car the other day:
Adelaide: "I have my own house. Actually I have 3 houses. . . and 2 phones.

Talking to Rocky yesterday:
"Dad! Our skin matches."

To me the other morning:
"I dreamed about ice cream last night. It was chocolate. . . Can I have some?"

And my favorite recently was today when she went to get her flu shot.
The nurse was concerned that Adelaide wouldn't hold still enough on my lap and kept telling me I'd have to make sure Adelaide was still. Adelaide kept saying, "I will be still." The nurse kept telling me. Finally Adelaide said, "I will be still, and I won't cry either." So the nurse went with it. When she stuck Adelaide, Adelaide had a sharp intake of breath and then said, "I told you so." The nurse agreed that she had been right. She was very proud she held still and didn't cry. She kept talking about it all day. She even ripped her band-aid off a little while later saying it didn't hurt anymore.

2 comments:

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

I love it! She's going to go places, that girl!

Mandy said...

wow! what a brave girl! EG claimed she would sit still for her shot as well..only after she got stuck she took a deep breath, screamed, and gave the girl an ear full-(don't you hurt me! don't hurt my sissy!) bet they were glad to see us leave!