Thursday, October 08, 2009

Louisiana

We spent the past week in Louisiana with family and friends. We also went to celebrate the retirement of our hometown church's long time pastor. It was good as always to see everyone. As an added bonus Adelaide is still in Louisiana with family so I'm having a week with just one kid. I miss her, but she's having a great time and I'm able to get alot more done. I've purged clothes, toys, etc. I've run errands. Somehow I haven't gotten as much done as I'd hoped, but I think I was too ambitious. I need to remember I still have one kid and he's been needy this week. Here's some pictures we took while there.


We spent an afternoon at the Bluebonnet Swamp. Here's some pictures from our visit. Unfortunately with 2 kids and family in tow, we were too loud to see lots of animals. We did see a couple of rabbits and snakes though.


This snake fell out of a tree only a few feet away from us. Yikes.

It is absolutely so beautiful in Louisiana. I forget how much I love it.

My mom doesn't really have many toys for the kids. That's OK though. Adelaide entertains herself with whatever she can find.

On Saturday we celebrated my dad's and Rocky's dad's birthdays. We stayed at the park for about 4 or 5 hours. Adelaide had a wonderful time. It is so amazing to see how Adelaide can make friends anywhere. She buddied up with so many people while we were there. It's so nice to see how well she socializes. Abe did pretty well himself. We turned a couple of lawn chairs into a pack n play and he set up camp, napping for 2 hours through all the hustle and bustle.

I LOVE this picture. Love it. Adelaide got so excited when I said, "say cheese," she slammed her hands down, knocking Rocky's glasses in the process. I love both of their expressions.

This is one of the most hilarious things I saw this trip. This was the crane game and the entrance to a restaurant we went to. Instead of a lame stuffed toy, you are trying to catch lobsters. If you win, the restaurant will cook it up and serve it to you. Awesome.

Abe is all over the place these days. He has learned to roll onto his back and then instantly takes off scooting backwards. He has figured out how to get where he wants to go.

Abe is big enough for the doorway jumper now. Crazy. He loves it so much. The first time we put him in to he stayed there happily for about an hour.

No comments: