Monday, May 14, 2007

The Accident

On the way to Wal-mart today I got in a car accident. They've been doing construction on 1431 in front of our neighborhood for awhile. It's been dangerous driving on it ever since they cut out the middle turning lane. I've seen numerous accidents in the past few months and I avoid this road if at all possible.

I was headed westbound on 1431 while this buick was headed eastbound. She turned left and didn't see me so I t-boned her. Luckily I wasn't going very fast and our kids were fine. She have a 4 year old in her vehicle. Adelaide and I were shook up but fine. I did go to the hospital to get checked out as my back were tense and sore; I'm taking pain killers now. The police report said the accident was the other driver's fault. My car will need some work-- the bumper, side fenders, and hood replaced-- but I'm still able to drive it. I'm so thankful Adelaide's OK. She was all I could think about.

1 comment:

Charis said...

Wow! You weren't kidding when you said you've started re-posting on your blog! Lots of news since I last looked at it :) Adelaide is so beautiful and looks so happy! Probably cause she has such a good mom!