Thursday, May 10, 2007

Big week

Rocky was out of town Sunday through Wednesday so I planned alot so I wouldn't lose my mind being at home alone all day every day with a baby. Sunday we did our normal bible study thing. Monday Sarah, Brooke, and Jamie come over for lunch and to watch Mansfield Park. Super fun. I even got to watch the majority of the movie without getting up-- unheard of. Adelaide just laid on my legs, watched me, smiled, and laughed pretty much the whole time. It was a sweet moment. Another sweet moment was waking up Tuesday morning at 6:15 after Adelaide slept a whopping 8 hours. I can't wait for that to be a regular thing.

Rocky tried to bring Adelaide along with him:


Corin and Adelaide:


I tried putting Adelaide in her big stroller but quickly changed my mind when it swallowed her whole. She wasn't too happy to be in there:


Tuesday I went in to the office for a little bit to help TJ with the Summer Project briefing conference for a couple of hours then went to hang out with Erica and Jasper. Adelaide sat in a bumbo seat for the first time. I didn't know how old kiddos needed to be in order to hang out in those but I think it really depends on their neck control. However, I just looked on the internet, and the suggested age is 3-16 months. Oh well. Call my kid advanced. Since Adelaide's is pretty good for her only being 7 weeks old, she did well in it for a few minutes (then her neck got a little wobbly). Then Tuesday evening, Laurel and Brandi came over to watch Catch and Release with me. That was definitely more of a normal movie-watching-with-a-newborn experience. I was up quite a bit but of course it was during her most needy part of the day.

Adelaide at the Gants' in a bumbo seat:


Wednesday was a bit rougher. I'm such a spoiled mom. I haven't had to get up more than once in the night since Adelaide was 2 1/2 weeks old. Well, I had to Tuesday night. She only slept 4 hours in a row. Followed by only 2 1/2 hours after that. Then when morning came, she continued in a not much sleep cycle until afternoon. Not fun. After I got a few catnaps in, we headed over to hang out with Cheryl, Sadie, and Mallory. Once again Adelaide had a hard time falling asleep. (We've just been teaching her to fall asleep on her own and she had been pretty good at it but somehow seems to be reverting). Then Wednesday evening, we went over to Cami's for girls' night. Once again, a movie. This time it was Music and Lyrics. I'm a sucker for those type of movies, but I had to leave early and didn't get to finish it. :(. It's hard having to be home for bedtime sometimes.

Wednesday night was pretty much a replay of Tuesday night. I don't think I'd be nearly as frustrated with her waking up twice in the middle of the night if she'd never done anything else. Today her napping has gotten even worse. She hasn't really taken a solid nap since she woke up this morning and she has been extremely fussy. Now this is all relative to how she normally is so I know I probably don't have much to complain about. Anyway, I hope things get back on track toward a full nights sleep and quality naps soon.

Here's some other pics of Adelaide from this past week.

Rocky would hate it if he knew I put a pic of his chest on this page but we'll keep it a secret. I just love this picture of Adelaide.


We're starting her early on the Bronco paraphernalia. Rocky and I actually made this shirt:


If nothing else fails, putting Adelaide in the carseat usually works. She loves it more than the bouncer, the swing, the pack and play, etc. She loves it:


So I know this picture isn't a very good one, but once again. I love her expression.

No comments: