Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

It's crazy to think that I'm a mom. It still hasn't set in yet (which is weird). You'd think after tons of poopy diapers, spit up, and sleep deprivation that I'd feel like one but no. I keep feeling like it's not a permanent life change for some reason. I feel like I'm just a long term baby sitter or something. I'm waiting for reality to really hit soon. So it was weird hearing "happy mother's day" over and over yesterday. Me, Sunee, am a mom.

So I got one of the best presents for mother's day. (besides the faucet from ikea that Rocky bought me). Adelaide slept for 9 and a half hours. It's definitely not a consistent thing yet but it was the longest she's slept thus far. We are still jumping around from about 6 hours straight to 7 or 8. Never 9 and a half. Boy, I could get used to full night's sleep again soon. (though unfortunately I still have to get up to pump every 3.5 hours or so to keep my milk supply up).

Rocky took me to lunch after church and I chose to go to Pacific Star. Definitely not a place known for it's ambience but the food is delicious. I order stuffed catfish and the owner was giving away free cheesecake to all mom's. It was a nice surprise at the end of the meal but I wish I'd saved room for it. I left there stuffed to the brim.

No comments: