Thursday, March 27, 2008

Birthday!

It's so hard to believe my sweet baby is one! Time has really flown by. A year ago Adelaide was just a limp little sack o' baby that couldn't even stay awake more than 10 minutes, let alone do cool things like hold up her head. Now she's a full fledged toddler, toddling her way into all kinds of fun (and trouble). Here's some pictures from her birthday weekend. Rocky's parents came into town and we had a party for Adelaide last Saturday. It was a blast. I never thought our backyard could hold so many people. Adelaide had a good time playing with all the "big kids". I brought her by the kids her age once and she just bolted. Older kids are way more interesting I guess. Her favorite presents were a Leap Frog phonics magnet set, a sweet pink pail that she loves to fill up with pretty much anything and carry around, and a cool tent that she's been playing in a ton out in the backyard.

With Rocky's parents in town, of course we had to go to Rudy's at least once. Adelaide ate her fair share. She had a bowl of sweet potatoes, then some cream corn, and I don't even know how much brisket. She loved it and kept wanting more. After lunch she had a good time in the flowers out front. She was being good and not getting in the flowerbed, but the grandparents couldn't resist the photo opportunity.

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, crafty, but Adelaide's cupcakes were one of my attempts at being so. I loved the hot pink cupcakes the best. Rocky did the "grass" which I think was my favorite part. I also made another batch of chocolate cupcakes due to the number of guests. I was thankful that I only had 3 left over especially since Easter was the same weekend and Adelaide got 3 (count 'em), 3 baskets (and that's without us even contributing).

At her birthday party what Adelaide did more than anything (other than follow around the big kids) was fill up her cousin Claire's pail with rocks and then dump them out. I was so excited that she got her own pail as a present. I would have never thought to buy one for her.

Adelaide hasn't eaten wheat for almost 2 weeks now so her birthday "cake" was actually made out of ice cream (Haagen-Dazs though so was she really missing out?). Rocky took a little quart container, sliced off the bottom, and then decorated it using the left over icing from the cupcakes. I never even saw him do it but it turned out super cute. Adelaide loved the ice cream and ate over half of it, but she didn't love sitting down to eat it. She had some major diaper rash and not too long after "happy birthday" ended, she reminded her (very loudly) that she was hurting.

Adelaide got some great gifts-- a pink pail, a phonics magnet set, a medical kit, books, clothes, a wagon, a power wheels, a tent, a baby pool, a rocking chair, shoes, etc. Here's one of my favorite pics of Adelaide opening her presents :).

I love her expression as she checks out her four wheeler. If you can click on it and make it bigger you can just see her wide-mouthed wonder. You can also see all the Wilton food coloring all her her precious Gymboree dress. I thought it was a goner for sure but two applications of Biz paste later and it's as good as new.

No comments: