Sunday, March 09, 2008

Too Young for This Kinda Stuff

Adelaide has been in the habit of skipping her second nap for a few weeks now. She'll take a marathon nap in the morning (around 2.5 to 3 hours long). Then around 2:30 or 3pm, she'll seem to be a little tired so I'll get her ready for her afternoon nap. She'll usually rub her eyes and act like she is going to sleep, but for the past few weeks it hasn't really happened. So I told myself I wasn't going to stress about it anymore. If she sleeps, she sleeps. If she doesn't, she doesn't. What can I do other than give her the option?

Even if she doesn't sleep she seems to enjoy the down time playing alone in her crib. Sometimes she'll play so quietly I think she's asleep, but then find out later she wasn't. Like the other day. I put her down for her nap around 2:30. She didn't make a peep so I assumed she was asleep. About an hour and half later I went to peek in on her to see if she was in fact sleeping and she wasn't. She was sitting quietly in her crib playing with her stuff animals. The second thing I noticed was little specks of something all over her white sheet. Crap. Literally.

Adelaide had taken her pants off, which she has been so fond of doing for awhile now, and decided to explore the inside of her diaper. I don't know when she pooped, but I do know that I'm a little more concerned about what Adelaide's wearing when I put her down for a nap now. Her hand was covered with poop. Her leg was covered. Her sheet was smeared with it. There was poop everywhere. Seriously, I'm not ready for this.

No comments: