Thursday, August 07, 2008

A day in the life of a toddler


Toddlers. With one every day is different.

Some days Adelaide seems ready to take on anything the world has to offer and will leave me in her dust. Others she will cling to me for dear life and want all my attention.

Some days she'll want to sit and read books, "write", or work on puzzles together. Others she will not sit down unless forcibly contained (thank you high chair).

Some days she wants to wear bracelets and headbands, carry around my bag, and try on all of her clothes. The next she takes off all her clothes and then tortures the cats.

One day I stress over whether or not Adelaide has become a young anorexic and then the next I marvel at how much food she can fit in her little body. Why doesn't she like broccoli today when it's all she wanted to eat two days ago? Oh, meal times. This is the most frustrating of all the toddler-isms we face these days.

Ah, that's my life. I love it.

Here's some pictures of my wonderful toddler.

Rocky's mom passed on a bunch of clothes while we were in Louisiana. This unfortunately will be the one and only time Adelaide wears this watermelon outfit. Alot of her shirts these days are becoming "belly shirts" as Rocky calls them. I had fun coordinating her bow and everything; I don't do that much anymore. I think she looks so beautiful and thoughtful in this photo.

Our first attempt at finger painting. It actually went really well. Adelaide kept the "paint" on the wax paper for the most part though you can see she sampled some of each flavor. No need to call poison control however, it's just colored plain yogurt, her fav. Don't worry grandparents. I've got some paintings ready to go in the mail for you.

Ah, corn. You have yet to fail me. Adelaide loves you (as you can tell from the photo). She ate nearly 2 entire cobs like this for dinner plus a salmon patty and a few bites of leftover pizza. Today was one of those days. She ate some strata and an entire mango for breakfast, then 2 bowls of yogurt and applesauce along with some graham crackers for lunch and then finished off with a bang for dinner.

Rocky got these headphones for Adelaide today. She loves to play with our earbuds and we learned (on our roadtrip of course) she'll actually leave headphones on if there's something to listen to. I think the headphones go well with her retro running shorts.

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Adorable pics! I can't believe how grown up she's looking.
Love the corn video too.

Colleen said...

She's TOO grown up!! Where are our babies going???

Anonymous said...

she is so beautiful! claire always wants to sit at the computer andsee all the pics of her. i think her fav is the video of addie eating her corn. she says addie corn eat! cute!