Wednesday, August 13, 2008

oh and. . .

I almost forgot one of the most important phrases Adelaide's learned recently-- love you. It's awesome to hear especially unprompted.

It's crazy that she can communicate so clearly what she wants these days. She's putting together multiple words all over the place. And some how along the way talking turned from pointing out objects to communicating ideas. Some (not nearly all) of the other phrases we've hear recently:
"play blocks please mama"
"sit mama"
"rock chair mama"
" read book please"
"night night. love you."
"play please. all done. wash." (when she's done eating her meal)
"night night. love you." or "night night. bye bye."
"sorry cat." (after she hit the cat and made it run away)
"want food"

Words are awesome.

5 comments:

Cheng family said...

so, so sweet. I remember my first spontaneous hug from Cody. And the other morning when I got him out of bed he said, "I'm so glad you're in my room, Mama." Wow.

Mandy said...

ahh...can't wait to see her! she will probably teach EG some new words :)

The Wilcoxson's said...

Such a small thing as a word or two words can really change the day. Elijah is learning new words every day and I cannot tell you the emotion that i have when he says "mommy love you." My day is totally changed by three little words out of a 2 year olds mouth. God is good and He shows His love for us in such great ways.

Anonymous said...

please post more

Anonymous said...

Adelaide is so sweet. She is really talking, too!!! Geez!! Greyson is not quite there. Miss you!!