Monday, September 15, 2008

One of the many ways God provides

It seems that one of the many ways God provides for us to not only have everything we need but also to have nearly everything we could want is through finding good deals. This weekend was a prime example. I woke up early to stand in the line for the REI garage sale hoping that I would find a great deal on a family tent. Little did I know that I was going to find that and alot more. [Note: If you are one of those people that gets frustrated when you miss out on a good deal (like I am) you should stop reading now]. Here's what we were able to get:

REI Hobitat 6 tent (reg. $329) for $30.83
REI Hobitat 6 footprint (reg. $45) for $0
Chaco flipflops (reg. $34.83) for $3.83
North Face pants for Rocky (reg. $65.00) for $10.83
Bob Sport Utility Double Jogging Stroller (reg. $429) for $30.83
Aero Bed (reg. 99.95) for $10.83
Thule Roadway Bike Rack (reg. $182.99) for $20. 41
REI computer bag (reg. 59.50) for $1.41
Omni Fuel Camp stove (reg. $139.95) for $6.41
3 Polar heart rate monitors (reg. 109.95 each) for $6.41
Gemini headlamp (reg. $38.50) for $1.41

Total (reg. $1755) for $121. That's still less than a 1/3 of what it would have cost me to just buy my tent brand new. Just like a garage sale almost everything is used and was returned. Most things have very minimal damage. I'm super excited about all my finds!

5 comments:

Charis said...

What!!!??! You got a BOB for 30 bucks! I'm jealous :)

cheryl said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I should have stopped reading. Where was this??? Do they do these sales often? How are the advertised...share the love next time. ;o) Please let me know if you ever hear of one of these again!!! :o)
Glad you got such AWESOME deals! Pretty sweet!

Daryl & Diana said...

Um, double jogging stroller?

Mandy said...

oh my goodness...my stomach hurts a little---30$ for a BOB..that's the stroller we paid top dollar for last year. (thankfully my dear dad bought it). that's so great you found such great stuff!!
looking forward to seeing you soon.
love,
mandy

Colleen said...

I think I'm going to throw up. Next time you call from the REI line, I'm stinkin' getting in the car!