Monday, September 08, 2008

Women's Retreat

This weekend I went on a women's retreat to Lake LBJ with the ladies of Salina Street Church. It was an amazingly good time and not just cause I was nearly responsibility free. Rocky had a great time with Adelaide. He's a really good dad (and husband). I love how Rocky does such a good job putting me at ease when I'm away. He emails and texts with updates and pictures. Here's the ones I got from this weekend.

Friday night:
Adelaide is sleeping peacefully. Have a great time, I love you.

Saturday morning:
She woke up at 8 which I was thankful for. Scooter woke me up twice last night with his crazy sounds (this is a whole other story). That has to be the worst sound ever. I'm pretty sure I still need lots of practice with hair, that poor girl needs more hats. She is pretty pumped to have a bag to go to uncle jeffs she is carrying of around saying "uncle jeff". We miss and love you. AC&RC

Daddy daughter breakfast.

At the lake. Had lots of fun. (Rocky and Adelaide along with our friends the Ronks headed to Barton Springs on Saturday with some P Terry's hamburgers. You can tell it wasn't so much planned by how Adelaide is shirtless. Even though I was having a great time I was a little jealous of their fun too. I've never been and I've lived here 5 years now!)

1 comment:

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your precious family. The pictures and texts from Rocky were really great. You're a lucky wife/mom! Don't be jealous of their time - you had a lot of relaxation and good fellowship. The lake will still be there for your future enjoyment! Thanks again for sharing. I loved reading things through your eyes. You're right, from the look of the texts and pics, Rocky IS a great husband and dad!