Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A week offline?

Well, tomorrow the guys head down to the islands to film the documentary about what happened after the tsunami. They've been training the Thai team here the past few days. Rocky taught this morning about lighting. While they are gone to the remote islands which really aren't child friendly-- long rides on small boats, no electricity, no running water, etc.-- the other family with be joining Adelaide and I in Krabi, Thailand for 5 days on the beach. My dad and his girlfriend will also be joining us. I have not met her before so I hope it goes well. I'm looking forward to some time on the beach with Adelaide. This will be her first trip since she could really get around.

I'm not bringing my computer with me there so I'm not sure I'll have internet access for awhile. I'm hoping it will be a restful experience and that I'd actually be able to sleep. Adelaide slept 10.5 hours last night; she's getting almost back on schedule (though she's pretty much like a zombie half the day). I'm the one that's having trouble now. I woke up at 4:45 this morning and could not go back to sleep. I've really never had this problem before.

Oh, dang was going to post more but it sounds like a jackhammer is about to come through the floor of our room and Adelaide woke up crying obviously. They are doing construction downstairs. I hope it will be done when we get back from Krabi. It would be nice for a overly tired baby (and an overly tired mom) to be able to nap in the afternoons.

Here's some pictures from yesterday. We went to the mall and played in the play area just to get out of our room. Needless to say Adelaide loved it (and the chicken nuggets from McDonald's for lunch). I couldn't enter the play area so a Thai girl took it upon herself to take care of Adelaide for me. She helped her up and down the slides.



1 comment:

Cheng family said...

cody would have loved all those green balls!
i hope your week is refreshing and restful and look forward to reading about it!