Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Train Park

The view from the park.

A friend of ours told us about this great park here in Bangkok and I really wanted to check it out before we headed back to the States. So yesterday when Adelaide woke up grumpy and we wanted to get out of the room, we headed to Suan Rot Fie (Train Park). I have to admit it was one of my favorite mornings since we've been here.

The coolest thing about this park is that you can rent bikes there and ride around the park. They even have bikes with training wheels and bikes with baby seats, so us and the Degarmos were all set. And the best part is that the bikes are only 20 baht a day! That's about 65 cents.

Well the park was beautiful and the weather was pretty cool for Bangkok. There were places to play, open spaces, trees, and lakes. I'd never seen so much green in the city. We rode around and played on playscapes for about an hour and a half. It was so nice and relaxing. I wish I'd discovered this park earlier.

We were actually riding on the bike when I took this picture. It looks Adelaide liked it as much as I did.

Adelaide playing at the playscape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably I can say with this blog make, more some interesting topics.