Friday, February 13, 2009

Sweet Deals

I've been feeling the need to nest recently but feel like I really can't. Baby Boy Conly will be in our room for the first few weeks at first of course, but his nursery isn't really going to be a nursery even when he does make the move. He's just going to be in the guest room and we won't even get his crib until probably after he's born (we're getting a hand me down from Rocky's parents). Adelaide's room is by no means totally decked out, but I did decorate some before she arrived. I put clothes in drawers, I put books on shelves, etc. Since I can't do any of that, my current way of nesting is buying little things here and there for the little guy. So today when Rocky wanted to go to Goodwill to look for some sweet threads for the Second Chance Prom we're going to tomorrow night, I checked out stuff for our little guy. The Goodwill by our house is super awesome. It's pretty well organized and I've always found really cute stuff. I got tons of stuff today for baby and for Adelaide, most of it name brand (Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Gap, etc.) and it was all $1.59 each. I put back about half of the stuff I orginally picked out, not because it wasn't cute or a good deal but because I had to draw the line somewhere. Anyway, I felt very accomplished today and I can't wait to "nest" some more and put all the clothes away somewhere.

No comments: