Friday, February 27, 2009

1 day- 1 accident

I've been all potty talk recently. Excuse me.

Today was a great day as far as potty training goes. Adelaide hit her record so far-- peed 5 times and pooped once on the potty. It was an almost perfect day but there was on accident (a poopy one at that) during her "nap." I say "nap" because she never actually slept. She's been having a hard time sleeping during this potty training process. She doesn't want to poop or pee in the bed; I even hear her chanting it sometime when she's supposed to be sleeping. She's just not happy in her diaper anymore and she doesn't want to have an accident. She's been stripping herself completely and taking her diaper or training pants off at every nap. I'm sort of at a loss on how to just get her to chill and sleep.

I also don't trust her half the time when she says she has to go potty especially when she says she has to potty during something she doesn't like. I had already gone up once during her "nap" to bring her to the potty because I heard her asking to go, but she just sat there and wanted me to read to her. It's was a scam. So I assumed she was just crying wolf the second time she said she needed to go. I paid for that later obviously.

Tomorrow we're going to CBS, community bible study, in the morning so I don't anticipate quite as good of a day, but we'll see. She could surprise me.

3 comments:

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

Hi Sunee. A suggestion - try pullups during naps. You can explain that they are underwear for sleeping, and it's ok when you sleep if you go potty while you are sleeping. Just an idea - I'm not sure if you really WANT her to nap, or if you'd rather put up with a little more crankiness and push through potty training. Good luck! You're doing great so far!i

Rocky and Sunee said...

yeah, we've tried to tell her it's ok if she goes potty while she's sleeping. she's not convinced. we tried pullups and training pants. they all come off too. she just doesn't want to use the potty in bed. stubborn girl. of course she used the potty in her diaper all morning at bible study because she was so distracted.

Charis said...

Yea Adalaide! She's making great progress. Guess those cloth diapers really do make potty training go faster. Colt has resorted this week to just telling us right after he goes. He doesn't like to be uncomfortable, but is too busy playing to tell us before the deed is done! Oh well, it's all progress right?