Tuesday, August 21, 2007

5 months today!

Every time Adelaide hits a 21st, it makes me really think about how much she's grown. It's crazy that 5 months ago she was born; it feels like yesterday. OK, not yesterday but maybe a few weeks ago. She's gone from being a floppy baby that couldn't hold up her head to a baby who today cruised around in the pool in her baby boat, laughing and splashing.

Today as Adelaide was eating her dinner she realized she can grab the spoon, not a realization I was hoping she'd discover. People use the phrase "like taking candy from a baby" to describe something being easy. Well, taking a spoon from a baby is anything but easy. Adelaide had a super grip on the spoon numerous times, slopping food all over herself.

Things seem to be getting back on track as far as her schedule. The past few nights she's slept very well. I decided on Sunday I would let Adelaide "cry it out" since with all the travel she learned that I would go in to her so she wouldn't wake any one up. I know people may disagree with this method but I knew she wasn't hungry and I also know she can sleep longer than that. Sunday night she went to bed at 9 and woke up at 4 am. I let her cry. She cried for about an hour and 15 minutes. It wasn't really hard crying. She finally went back to sleep and we had to wake her up at 7:30. All her naps yesterday were perfect too. Last night she went to bed at 8 and then woke up at 5. She only cried 5 minutes last night and woke up on her own at 7:30. Much better. What will tonight hold? Hopefully a full night's sleep with no crying this time. Hopefully this will be the start of some consistency for a inconsistent girl.

No comments: