Friday, August 24, 2007

Health Havoc

The Conly family is struggling a bit. I just found out I've got some thyroid issues. I got referred to a endocrinologist and have an appointment Sept. 5. The doc thinks I have something called thryoiditis which isn't extremely uncommon in new moms. Anyway, that could explain why I haven't been feeling like doing much.

Adelaide went to the doc today. She had been fussy in the evenings for the past few days and has had a mild fever too. She hadn't been eating well or sleeping well either. Well, Dr. Spencer checked her ears, throat, and stomach and said everything looked fine. He thought we should go ahead and get a blood sample though just in case. That was sad to watch. For little kiddos like Adelaide, they prick a finger tip and them squeeze blood out to put in a vial. Adelaide cried a little bit but calmed down by the time she was done.

I hated to be the paranoid parent that came in without a reason but I hated even more what I found out when the nurse called with the results of the test. She said the results showed that Adelaide has a virus. :( This is her first sickness. I'm guessing she got it from some of the kiddos she hangs out with regularly. Being a virus, there's nothing we can do but let it run it's course and treat the symptoms. So I've been giving Adelaide some tylenol. Poor girl. It sucks to see her feel bad.

Hopefully we'll all be back to normal soon. . . on a positive note, Adelaide is sitting up, really sitting up now. Here's a video to prove it:


Also here she is playing yesterday with a lemon. Nothing much to really say about this picture but I thought it was funny. I think the bumbo seat and tray are some of my absolute favorite baby things. I use them all the time. I use it for her to play in, and it's what I'm using for her high chair now too.

No comments: