Monday, August 20, 2007

Adelaide's first addiction (and hopefully her last)

We were hanging out with the neighbors for dinner tonight when Adelaide got hungry. We didn't have a bottle over there so Jamie offered to mash up a banana for Adelaide to munch on while Rocky went to get her bottle. From bite one she was hooked. She ate half the banana as fast as possible. She would cry in between bites because I couldn't shovel it in fast enough.

When Rocky came back with the bottle, I tried to feed her that but she cried. Then I tried to nurse her and she cried. She cried and cried. The only thing that I could figure was that she was hungry for more banana. Jamie mashed up the rest and mixed it with a little formula. As soon as the banana hit her lips, Adelaide was happy again. She gobbled down the entire other half of the banana. I didn't know her little stomach could hold that much.

I think we're gonna hold off on more bananas for awhile since she won't eat anything else once she gets a taste for them. It was really funny to see her so excited about eating. Thus far she hasn't rejected any food. She's liked everything we've given her-- sweet potatoes, apples, rice cereal, and now bananas. Hopefully she's stay that way, not picky. I'm hoping to start a baby food making get together about once a month with our new parents class at church.

No comments: