Friday, September 21, 2007

6 months

We just got back from Adelaide's 6 month checkup and she's down for a nap so I thought I'd update. She was happy as usual. The nurse commented on how smiley she is and the doc said she seems like a very happy, calm kiddo. She definitely hit another growth spurt in her height. She was only in a month and a half ago. Last time I think she was around 70th percentile and 25 inches tall. Now she's 26 and 3/4 which is the 80th percentile. Her weight is still the 75th percentile, 17 lbs. 2 oz, and she's still no bucket head. Her head's only in the 55th percentile.

Dr. Spencer said everything looked great with Adelaide. He said she'll probably be crawling in no time and that she's a very "grabby" girl. He couldn't get near her without her grabbing something of his-- the stethoscope, his watch, a tongue depressor, the measuring tape. However when he put her on her tummy trying to get her to grab something, she just turned around to look at him.

He asked me what she's been eating and I told him how much she loves peas. He said that's funny cause it's the number 1 most disliked food by kids under 1. He said Adelaide seems like the kind of kid that likes to break the mold.

I asked him about Adelaide's teething and he said that her little tooth (yet to make it's appearance) could be like that for months! That's not what I wanted to hear. I guess he was trying to keep my expectations low.

Well, that's about it. Good news as usual.

No comments: