Tuesday, September 04, 2007

An Extrovert to the Extreme



From early on lots of people told us Adelaide seemed like an extrovert, now it's definitely confirmed. She loves people so much that if we're in a room with others she won't eat and she definitely won't sleep. So we weren't really too surprised that on Sunday for her first trip to the church nursery she didn't sleep a wink. She was in there from 9:15 til 12:15 and had been up since about 8 but that didn't matter. There were other people around weren't there? The workers said she was very happy the entire time, smiling, playing, laughing, but she wasn't even remotely interested in sleeping. They put her in a crib for 20 minutes. They said she whined a little but never slept. Later they put her in a swing. That didn't help. Then they tried the crib again but this time she just blew raspberries and squealed. I'm glad they enjoyed her but it was frustrating for me that she didn't sleep. As soon as the engine turned on in the car, she was conked out. I guess I'll just have to expect the same thing every time she's in the nursery. Unfortunately she's in there 2 times a week this fall for church and then for women's bible study too. I'm thinking I may be a high maintenance mom tomorrow for bible study and bring some white noise and a big blanket to block her view of the rest of the room. I hate to do it but I hate to make her miss naps too.

Here's some pics from this past week. I brought Adelaide outside to play in the grass. She didn't know what to think of it at first.


Man, aren't those cheeks big. There's a picture of me almost like this when I was a baby. I had those same jowls.


Adelaide grabbed the camera when I was about to take her picture. I didn't intend for this pic to look modern and cool, but I like how it turned out.


My dad's been visiting this week. Adelaide has really enjoyed spending time with him. We've decided his name, for now anyway, will be Sampaw, combo Sam and grandpa.

No comments: