Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fun in the Kitchen

Seems like we've been spending all our time in the kitchen these days-- making baby food, making meals, washing dishes, etc. So all the pics and video from this week are taken in the kitchen.

My neighbor, Jamie, tells me often how her basil is out of control. Well, we've definitely tried to use as much as we can. On my meal planning list for this week there's pot grapao gai (thai basil chicken) and then last night I made pesto for the first time. It was time consuming picking off all the basil leaves but after that it was a piece of cake. I actually made 3 batches, 2 to freeze, since basil is so easily accessible to us right now and since I was in the groove. It turned out absolutely yummy. We had it over rocket tortellini with a salad and a chicken sausage from HEB. It was a great meal. Anyway, we all worked on the meal prep as a fam. We let Adelaide "help" too. Here's a pic of her and Rocky picking off the basil leaves. Like father, like daughter.

Adelaide wasn't helpful the entire time though. She realized that Scooter was very interested in what we were doing so she decided to use that to her advantage. She used her basil to get him closer and keep him there.



There was a time when I don't think Adelaide would have recognized Rocky in a line up. When she was really little he was out of town alot and she just didn't know him like she knew me. Well now she definitely knows her dad. Rocky called the other day while we were eating lunch. I put him on speaker phone and Adelaide went berserk wanting to listen to him talk.


Thursday I made my second round of baby food for Adelaide. I was in desperate need with only 3 ounces of sweet potatoes, squash, and apples left. I put Adelaide in the bumbo seat to watch as I worked. She had been playing with the paper towel holder pretty much the whole time, sliding it back and forth. As I was washing the blender or something, I realized I hadn't heard the sound of the paper towel holder for awhile. Well, I turned around and found Adelaide quietly doing this. It was too cute to stop her right away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

Susan, wife of 1, mother of 4 said...

That paper towel "incident" is hilarious! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it and not lament the fact that she created more work for you! I love the dangling food to the cat as well. She's so funny! Keep up the great parenting!

Erin Jupe said...

She's a little Seth! I love the ponytail. She rocks!