Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bumbo

Bumbo has placed a recall on all its seats. When I hear the word recall I think they are actually taking the items back and then giving out new ones. That's where I'd be mistaken. Same thing happened with my convertible car seat. It had a recall; I had to go to their website, print out directions, and manually fix a routing issue with the straps. Now Bumbo is "recalling" their products by replacing their already clear warning sticker with a new one. Consumers can call Bumbo and have a new warning sticker mailed to them. Seriously? Seriously? I figure if you've read the warning online that's good enough, but maybe I'm just too relaxed. I don't read the warning stickers on my products every time I put my kid in them. Maybe some people read the warnings repeatedly just in case they forgot what they are not supposed to do.

Here's the original warning:
“WARNING” – “Never use on a raised surface. Never use as a car seat or bath seat. Designed for floor level use only. Never leave your baby unattended as the seat is not designed to be totally restrictive and may not prevent release of your baby in the event of vigorous movement.”

Here's the new warning:
“WARNING – Prevent Falls; Never use on any elevated surface.”

Call me crazy, but didn't the original warning pretty well cover it? Anyway, want to read more? you can check it out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! My heart stopped for a minute when I read your first sentence, then I shook my head through the rest. I am SO not a worrying parent, so this just is too much for me. ;)