Monday, October 22, 2007

Follow Up

I brought Adelaide into the doc this morning for a follow up exam to see if her ear infection is totally gone. I was very confused about it because although I'd given her the full round of antibiotics, she was still pulling on her ears more than ever. This morning was the first morning it's felt like fall BTW so I had fun dressing Adelaide in some cute fall attire. Fall is by far my favorite season. I love the weather. I love the clothes.

Well once again my doc was full so I went to see a lady in the same practice. She was very nice, and I'd definitely be happy to see her again. The first thing she said when she walked in the room was "I see she's getting some teeth in." I thought she meant the tooth that is obviously there on the bottom, but no, she meant a different area. When she laid Adelaide down to feel her tummy and look in her ears, she used the tongue depressor to get Adelaide's tongue out of the way and showed me her two front teeth. Really. They were totally visible under the gums. She said they should come in any day.

Adelaide's ears "look gorgeous" (to quote the Doctor) which was so good to hear. I almost didn't expect this at all. She said the pulling on the ears she's been doing is probably due to her teething. Hearing that she's teething like crazy makes me feel better at least it's not another sickness. Plus it will be cute to see her 2 front teeth come in.

Mom brag moment: She also said it's got to be so difficult to know when Adelaide's feeling bad because she is such a happy baby. She said something to this effect 3 times. I feel like I really am so lucky to have such a easy going, pleasant kid.

Well, of course the trip couldn't all be good. It's the story of my life with my kid's health recently. As the doctor was about to walk out the door I asked her about this rash I noticed behind Adelaide's ears yesterday. She said it seemed like a reaction to something like a new body wash but then she looked her over to see if it was elsewhere on her body. Sure enough it was on her torso too; it was barely visible but it was there. Upon looking at the rash furthur, she concluded that it is a viral rash.

I'd like to give a quick shout out to my peeps at Salina Street Church and my bible study. I'd especially like to give a holler out to the Ronks whose kids were all over mine yesterday. I hope there was no germ exchange going on there. If so, I love you and sorry. The rash should go away in a couple of days; it's just gotta run its course.

The past 2 times I went to the doctor's office they've asked me if Adelaide is in child care. I feel like a loser every time they ask me that. They are questioning just how much exposure to germs my kid has. When I say no they don't seemed surprised but then they ask how much we're out and about. I'm really realizing that I've got to be more cautious now when we're out in stores or around other people. Don't be surprised if you're around us in the near future and get karate chopped if you try to touch my kid.

3 comments:

rocky said...

Honey, if I wash my hands can I hold our kid again? Please stop chopping me my head hurts. love you...

Anonymous said...

i'm glad Adelaide is feeling better! EG has had a cold that won't quit...so, i think it's probably allergies..i feel like it's a guessing game!
don't feel bad if you have to karate chop..you're her protector :) can't wait to see you at Pine cove..i requested that we stay close to you. pull your strings w/ Robin!

deidra said...

But Sunnee, she has to get exposed to germs in order to build up stronger immunities...maybe that is why the dr. is asking. let her get dirty, let some other kid put their dirty hands all over her, let a puppy lick her face and kiss her toes. She will be just fine!

OH my gosh, you guys, she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't wait to meet her myself! You guys have a great trip to Lousiana and to Michigan. Say hi to your mom and dad and michael for me!

Love you bunches,

"Aunt" deidra